New Year Web Resolutions
by Totsie Marine
First of all, let’s admit that most people have not taken the time to actually create a web strategy. You certainly have a business strategy in place and maybe the web got a few lines in that document, however, a web strategy needs its own spotlight.
If your site is more than a year old, it is time to give it some love. So what is included in a web strategy plan?
Your web strategy will be based on:
- your objectives
- a review of your statistics
- formally naming a person(s) responsible for the web (rather than “whoever has the time”)
- a planning session with representatives from all departments of your organization
- and in cooperation with your financial officer, earmarking funds for web development.
Here at Webonobo, although our new site was launched just 6 months ago, our web strategy for 2012 includes:
- Testing our site with screen readers to ensure that it is accessible to all visitors
- Testing and implementing a Chat system on our site for easy and quick communication with site visitors and clients
- Writing new case studies as interesting projects are completed this year
- Testing all links on a quarterly basis
- Deleting or updating any outdated files, pages or graphics
- Doing some research into our site's user experience and implementing changes based on that feedback.
Webonobo's 2012 Web Resolution
We will give our website the love it needs to support our strategies, ideas and goals this year!
So what is YOUR web resolution?